Tuesday, November 18, 2014

New Shoes

Good news! I saw my doctor today and I'm now allowed to wear something other than sneakers on my feet. He pushed and turned and generally manipulated my foot and I passed all his tests! I even stood on the ball of my right foot while I held Sophie. I didn't go up very high, or for very long, but it was enough. I still have some discomfort, but it's the normal, healing kind. And I'm still limping, but that's getting smaller and more manageable.

It's amazing how much this one injury has impacted my life during the last two months. I've had to say no to many activities that I would have done before, and I've had to sit and rest a lot more. But you know, resting can be a good thing, even if you'd rather be up and feeling productive.

I've also had to rely on others to help me. Peter has learned how to wash and dry the laundry on his own since I've had trouble going down to the basement myself. He even stopped on the way up from the garage yesterday and emptied the dryer without being asked. I think that's the biggest silver lining of this whole adventure.

I'm so excited to wear church shoes on Sunday!

No comments: