Yesterday while I was teaching preschool, Sophie hung out with one of the moms that stayed for the whole three hours rather than dropping off her child. She has a baby girl just a few weeks older than Sophie, so the babies were content to play on the floor with toys. When my teaching responsibilities were done, I went and sat by Sophie. The other mom needed to go check on her other kids and left her daughter with me.
The baby was not pleased.
As she panicked, I began to sing and do the motions to Popcorn Popping. The little girl just glared at me. But Sophie loved it. She giggled and clapped and bounced.
I tried Five Little Monkeys next, the one with the alligator. The little girl was still not impressed. But again, Sophie thought it was wonderful. Her eyes sparkled with anticipation each time the alligator (my hands stuck together like an alligator's jaw) came toward her. When the alligator would snap (I would tickle her) she would let out a loud laugh.
I don't get as much Sophie-focused time as I'd like. She is such a content and sweet baby that she's often happy to sit on my lap or play with toys on the floor while I give my attention to the other, much louder, children. But when I do have a few minutes to spend with her, oh I cherish them. I love that baby girl. She is truly a delight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment