Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My Favorite Weekend

We got back late last night from a weekend adventure. It included historic sights, ocean views, and time with old friends. I had organized the trip so we would listen to General Conference in the car on Saturday and watch it at our friends' house on Sunday.

That was the plan at least.

There were moments when I thought, "Wow, this is awesome. We should drive during Conference all the time." No one could run around, they weren't super loud, I could actually listen. And then there were times when the kids were poking at each other and talking loudly and not listening at all. Bryan commented that he felt like he heard more this time than when we're at home, so I guess it worked well for him.

I've already started to review the talks. So far, the ones that really stood out to me were President Eyring's talk, Sister Burton's talk, Elder Clayton's talk, Elder Wilford Andersen's talk (this one spoke to my soul, I loved it), Bishop Causse's talk, and Elder Holland's talk.

What spoke to your soul?

No comments: