Monday, April 27, 2015

A First Love Letter

We sometimes use the "Doesn't Go Here Basket" method of cleaning. Are you familiar with that technique? It involves me gathering everything that is not put away and sticking it in a basket. Then I sit down and divide everything by which room it belongs in and deliver it to its home.

At least, that's the idea.

I'm great at the gathering part. It's the sorting step that I need to work on. I've had a few baskets sitting in my living room, waiting for my attention, for about two months. I finally sat down after church yesterday and decided to rediscover what I'd been keeping prisoner by my cleaning practices.

I found some real treasures. The first thing to be unearthed? Peter's glasses! They've been missing for so long we were on the verge of replacing them. But now we don't need to!

I also found a sealed envelope with no address. I opened it and discovered a picture and letter that Cooper had written to his Great Grandma Bonnie. It is my hope to mail it to her, but since I'm pretty lousy at mailing stuff, I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well. After all, my Grandma is one of my most faithful blog readers.

The first page is a drawing of Cooper and Grandma Bonnie. The text begins "Dear Grandma"


The rest of the message follows on the other side of the page. It reads, "Bonnie I Love you so much. Love Cooper"


We love you Grandma!

No comments: