Monday, August 17, 2015

The War on Stuff

I know that I complained last week that we have too much stuff. Really, I was just feeling overwhelmed with unpacking and murmuring a bit. But today it hit me: we really have too much stuff. An excessive amount of my time is spent taking care of stuff or making sure the kids take care of stuff or shopping for stuff or deciding who needs new stuff.

And I don't want to do that anymore.

So, here is my resolve, laid down in writing. I am getting rid of stuff. I've been doing this for months, but I'm not going to be as sparing as I have been in the past. I do not want our belongings to determine how we spend our time.

And now, I'm going to go fill a bag or two for Goodwill.

1 comment:

Brett M said...

You go girl! I should follow suit. Maybe I will. One day.