Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Peter Story

I was looking for an old blog post to reference today, and I came across this unpublished post. This predates the blog by seven months and was part of an email I wrote December 10, 2007. I was pregnant with Cooper at the time and Peter was a sweet and active not-quite-two-year-old. Based on this anecdote, it looks like I've always  been impressed by my children's linguistic accomplishments.

Today Peter used the word has correctly. I let him take Mickey Mouse in the car on the way to the grocery store. While I was driving I flipped the mirror down to look at him and asked what he was doing and he said, as he pulled on the tags on the back of Mickey, "Mickey Mouse has tags too." We changed his shirt today because the tags in the back were scratching his neck. Before he would use had or have, this is the first correct use of has that I know of. And it was a really well-formed sentence. Pretty cool.

No comments: