Friday, September 23, 2016

Three Rooms Done

I finally finished the girls' room today. I'm not sure why it took so long, and I technically still need to put a dowel in the costume closet to really be done, but I'm calling it good.


 We decided to make the girls' room the playroom, which, now that I think about it, is probably why this project was so drawn out. We've had an official playroom since Washington, and I was sad to see it go. But the choice came down to a playroom or a home library.

And there's simply no competing with a library.

Phoebe liked the idea of sleeping in Toyland, until she envisioned the mess that would be generated on a daily basis. At one point she officially uninvited Cooper and Peter from ever playing in there. They were annoyed, but the LEGOs are in their room, so they didn't care that much. I quickly struck down the brother ban, much to her chagrin.



For those of you doing the math at home, we've had the keys to the house for three weeks, our belongings for two, and only have three rooms completed. This is our slowest move-in ever. We were waiting on some key elements, and most of those are now in our house and waiting to be built and/or mounted. My new goal is to be totally unpacked by General Conference, which is a week from tomorrow.

I don't know that it's a realistic goal, but it sure sounds like a nice one.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Nice big rooms!
=0)

Shari said...

Nice job Margot. It looks so inviting. "I spy with my little eye" Sophie in the corner with a book. I love it. I hope Phoebe will let us come play one day soon.