Tomorrow is picture day. Picture day for the boys goes something like this:
Me: Here, please wear this collared shirt, it'll look nice in the pictures.
Male Child: No.
Me: I bought it just for today, please wear it.
Male Child: No, I hate wearing collars.
Me: I know, but it's only for today. Wear the shirt.
Male Child: No! I don't have to! You're not in charge of me!
Me: Actually, I am totally in charge of you. Now put on the shirt!
Then they begrudgingly wear the inexpensive polo shirt I picked up at Walmart, or Target, when I'm feeling fancy. Maybe, if I'm really lucky, they will allow a comb to be used on their hair in an attempt to tame the cowlicks. But only maybe.
This year, Miss Phoebe is joining the Picture Day Ranks. She has been stressing over it for days. "Oh Mom, I just don't know what I should wear!" Add in that they can't wear green (because the backgrounds will be digitally added later), and she's in even more of a tizzy, despite the fact that she doesn't own anything green. We've finally settled on the fancy dress my parents sent for her birthday (oh yeah, Phoebe had a birthday, I wonder if I'll ever get to writing about it...), a glittery pink cardigan, and a black headband with a jeweled heart. It's laid out, waiting for her.
Let's hope it still passes her approval tomorrow morning when we're running out the door.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It would be fun to (re) watch studio C school picture day episode-after they have their pictures taken. According to them it doesn't matter what kids wear-school pictures are not supposed to look nice. hahah.
P.S. I'd love to see how they turn out.
Post a Comment