This picture gives you a good idea how Conference went at our house.
Bryan had to work one of the days, so while he listened to the talks and songs from his quiet desk in his quiet office in his quiet office building, I was at home continuously redirecting my band of dancers, artists, paper-airplane enthusiasts, costume builders, costume designers, question askers, and food throwers.
Yup.
In spite of all the chaos, they did listen at least some of the time. Sophie loved that the final congregational hymn of the meeting was I Am a Child of God. She gasped when it was announced and then exclaimed, "This is Sophie's song!" She also loved hearing President Monson speak. When she heard his name she said, "Oh! I love him!"
Phoebe spent the majority of the Conference in this car/plane we made out of one of our many cardboard boxes. It proved quite a handy spot to keep her crayon box close by. She was the most reverent child that day. Maybe I'll have all of them sit in boxes next time.
There were many talks I missed and I'm already looking forward to listening to them again throughout the coming months. The talks that I did hear above the din, and that spoke to me on a personal level, were:
Elder Hales', Elder Uceda's, President Nelson's, Elder Robbins', Elder Nattress', and Elder Renlund's.
I loved the emphasis on the Savior. This was of special significance to our family because we're practicing being more Christ-like. I had challenged the kids to watch Conference specifically for mentions of Jesus. We were all delighted to hear so many talks that helped us meet that challenge.
What spoke to your soul from General Conference this time?



No comments:
Post a Comment