But tonight, I'm not going to talk about the weekend. Because tonight, is Halloween.
We kept our celebration low-key. After school and chores were done, we painted pumpkins. This is always fun, but this year was better than most since my Grandma Bonnie is here visiting us, and she is our Official Painting Expert.
After the painting, and a rushed pizza dinner, the kids got their costumes on. My Grandma brought the blond wig as her costume, she thought it would amuse the kids. When she put it on, Cooper looked at her quizzically and then announced, "Oh, I get it, you're a young person for Halloween."
Bryan and Grandma handed out candy while the kids and I canvased the neighborhood for sweets. Sophie and Phoebe both maxed out the carrying capacity of their candy receptacles during our hour-long walk.
We finished the night by sorting through the candy, removing anything with nuts and replacing it with a safe option, eating as much candy as possible, and watching You're the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Overall, a successful day.
I just hope we can all wake up in time for school tomorrow...
Happy Halloween!

No comments:
Post a Comment