Unlike years past, I felt driven to put away all the Christmas decorations before the new year arrived. So on Friday the kids and I worked hard to pack away all the ornaments, ribbon, garland, and other assorted Christmas finery. Bryan carried the boxes down to the basement while Cooper and I shifted furniture and vacuumed and generally made the house look presentable.
Here we are, celebrating a clean house in all our blurry-selfie glory.
On New Year's Eve, because all that work was done, we were able to focus on relaxing. We watched a few movies (Pan, which is weird, and Kubo and the Two Strings, which is lovely and sad and scary and heartbreaking and hopeful), played Spontuneous, a fun game my parents sent us for Christmas, enjoyed some funny YouTube videos, and rang in 2017 with poppers at 10:30PM. That's when two exhausted little girls were put to bed.
The rest of us stayed up until 2017 actually arrived. Peter and Cooper enjoyed playing video games until I insisted they turn it off so we could watch the ball drop.



No comments:
Post a Comment