As we approached the new year, Bryan and I discussed what we could do to help our household be more peaceful. This is a continual struggle when there are six full-volumed, strong-willed, larger-than-life people living under one roof. One of the conclusions we came to was that both boys are big enough to do their own laundry, from start to finish.
Doing the laundry for only four people has lightened my load considerably. Phoebe still needs to fold her own clothes, but I wash and dry it. The boys, however, aren't taking to it quite as well as I. They each have worn dirty clothes to school at least one day in the last two weeks, simply because they forgot to wash their laundry.
On Saturday one of them started a load shortly before bedtime. We all promptly forgot about it until I wanted to wash my own clothes this afternoon. I opened the lid to see the now-dry clothes sitting at the bottom of the washer. Surveying who they belonged to, I called Cooper to join me. I began explaining why they would need to be rewashed, when Cooper leaned into the open machine and took a big wiff.
"Smells like cheese," he said.
Sometimes parenting moments are big and powerful. And sometimes they're as simple as teaching your child that their clean laundry should not smell like cheese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment