As part of our summer schedule we aim to get outside every single day. On Monday we left the house early to be at the library when it opened at nine. Except, when we got there, we were surprised to discover that our library doesn't open until ten. We could have sat in the parking, waiting, but since I knew thunderstorms were forecast for the afternoon, I decided we should take advantage of the unexpected bonus time and go outside.
We were on our way to a park when I realized that we were really close to our church building. I still wanted to be at the library when it opened, and therefore didn't have much time, so I changed direction and we headed for the big grassy field behind our meetinghouse. After a tour of the well-tended garden next to the field, the kids ran races. They were mostly good sports and kept running even when they lost. They ran in the humid air until their hair was sticky with sweat. They ran laughing and grinning and pushing themselves, each trying to be the first to reach my hands that marked the finish line.
It was a good morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great mom moment! Good job!
Post a Comment