Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Energized

I slept for eight hours last night. I know that I've done that before, but I certainly don't remember when. I do, however, know that I always wake up with a feeling of wonder, a sort of "Oh that's right, this is how it feels to be rested, I forgot" kind of amazement.

And I made good use of that sleep. I did laundry, I prepped dinner in the morning, Sophie and I made cookies, I had a fantastic lunchtime book club, I was on-time to pick everyone up from school and the bus and drop them off at piano (no small feat, I assure you), I picked up the violin we're renting for Cooper for this school year, I fed everyone dinner, and I did a full 5K after the kids were tucked into bed for the night.

Now maybe this looks like a normal run-on sentence kind of list, stuff that most moms do everyday, and it probably is. But I work in such a constant state of sleep deprivation that this list is a unicorn, elusive, beautiful, most likely mythical.

I may have to make this sleep thing a habit...

No comments: