Sophie spoke in Primary yesterday. She dictated the list of things she's thankful for and was content to have that be the entire talk. I decided to add a little more information. She did a good job delivering it, though was surprisingly quiet without the help of the mysteriously missing Primary room microphone. Every few lines I would whisper, "Louder!" We both made it through.
We Should Thank Heavenly Father for All Our Blessings
In the New Testament, Paul taught that we should thank Heavenly Father for our blessings. Ephesians 5:20 says
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
All the blessings we have come from Heavenly Father. Here are some things that I’m thankful for: family, earth, that Jesus will always stand beside me like the song If the Savior Stood Beside Me, healing the sick, the holidays, Thanksgiving because we can say what we’re thankful for and join together with family, friends, love, joy, kindness, playing, helping, learning, food, water, sand, rocks, music, ancestors, Jesus, and Heavenly Father.
The writer Robert Louis Stevenson wrote:
Thanks to our Father we will bring,
For he gives us ev'rything.
Eyes and ears and hands and feet,
Clothes to wear, and food to eat;
Father, mother, baby small,
Heav'nly Father gives us all.
Thanks to our Father we will bring,
For he gives us ev'rything.
I love Heavenly Father and I thank him for all my blessings. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1 comment:
Very nice talk Sophie!
=0)
Post a Comment