Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Make the Time

Bryan and I made time yesterday to vote. I wasn't sure it was going to happen since Tuesdays are our busiest day, and yesterday was worse because it was my turn to teach preschool. But things fell into place so that I was able to leave the four older kids at home with Peter as babysitter while Topher and I went to vote.

Apparently I arrived at the perfect time: I only waited for a few minutes. By the time I got there at 4pm, the slips of paper for our names and the "I Voted" stickers had all been used. When I signed my name I think the woman said I was number six hundred and four. An hour and a half later, Bryan was in the eight hundreds.

I'm thankful to live in a place where we can vote. I'm thankful that I made time to vote. And I'm thankful that so many others made time as well.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

We voted too! We voted at Mira Costa College in the board room. We were able to sit in soft stadium seats with desks attached, and there was no waiting. I used a walker and managed to slowly make my way from the parking lot to the building. We had our previously filled out voting guides with us, so we didn't spend time reviewing the candidates or issues. I kept thinking I must be crazy to be making such an effort only 8 days after major surgery, but I'm glad I did. I have my "I Voted" sticker on my phone. This is one well-earned sticker!