Our staycation spring break ended when the kids went back to school on Tuesday. Remember I said we all chose one family activity? Here's what we did:
Bryan chose a movie marathon and we watched them over the four days. Sophie picked the Princess and the Frog, Phoebe picked Flushed Away, Cooper picker The Neverending Story, Peter picked Ant-Man, and Bryan and I shared our turn and picked The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part.
I chose everyone making individual pizzas for dinner one night. That was fun and delicious.
Peter and Cooper both chose playing Minecraft together, so Bryan and the four older kids did that one day while I was feeding Topher.
Phoebe chose a MarioKart tournament. Bryan did the same thing for MarioKart that he did for Minecraft.
Sophie's activity was on the last day and the kids were all shocked that we said yes. She wanted an ice cream party, so we had ice cream sundaes and banana splits for dinner on Monday night. It was awesome and a little gross.
The best part about our break was that it was pretty calm. We worked to get everyone's activity in, but we weren't stressing about being anywhere (except for church on Sunday) or getting much else done. I think we really had a great break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wonderful! I love it!
This must evoke memories of our $60 vacation when you were little. We went to the aquarium, the museum, and a park. And we watched Danny Kaye movies rented from the library. We were so happily exhausted by Thursday, we took a rest from our vacation.
Post a Comment