Friday, September 27, 2019

Cooper's Backstory

As I mentioned yesterday, I went to Cooper's school Open House. His math/science teacher is the same one Peter had in sixth grade. He was very friendly when he greeted me and said lots of kind things about both Peter and Cooper. Cooper's language arts/social studies teacher believes that kids need the afternoon to spend time outside and pursue their own interests, which translates to her giving almost no homework. I appreciate that. Cooper likes both teachers.


Each kid in Cooper's language arts class had an autobiographical paragraph on the front of their locker. Cooper's was muuuuuch longer than anyone else's. I'll do my best to transcribe it, editing some identifying details but keeping his spelling and punctuation.


Hello my name is Cooper and I am 11 years old. I was born in Utah on March , 2008. I like to read books, play outside, play inside, run, build, and many more other things. My favorite food is pancakes. I love them with syrup, bacon, eggs, and chocolate milk. I love the color blue. I have no allergies. I have 4 other siblings. 2 brothers, and 2 sisters. I love to sleep at night. I get tired often. Normally, I have headaches, and feel sick, but I have alot of energy. When I was born, I was almost born on the road. My dad drove very fast, well over the sped limit. Luckily, we did not get pulled over, and made it to the hospital right on the knick of time. The nurse tried to check us in and do all the paperwork, but my mom said that she was going to have me. So, now I am in 6th grade, and love math. It's my favorite subject. I also like social studies. I love to learn about Ancient Civilizations and Greek and Roman Mythology. I also like to write a lot. I write stories. I never ever seem to finish them. Sometimes I start a story and completely forget it until I find it later somewhere in a box or in a binder. I am almost never organized except for my locker, which is tidy. As you can probably tell, my handwriting is kind of sloppy. I try to write neat, but whenever I write neat I am very slow, and take along time to write. I am in 6th grade Pre-Algebra. I want a house.


There were several sections that made me smile, a few that made me laugh, and one that made me raise my eyebrows. He included his birth story? His non-existent segues are awesome. Here's a picture of that tidy locker. And the last line? All the kids (and the mom) want to buy a house instead of renting, that's what he's talking about. I really hope his teacher doesn't think he's homeless.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Cooper, your autobiography made me smile from start to finish!