Thank you to everyone who responded to my plea for help in knowing how to help my family deliberately practice kindness. We had a good family home evening last Tuesday night and I used some of the examples and ideas that you suggested. After discussing what our specific issues were, we decided to focus on one aspect of kindness at a time, so that our practice is more concentrated.
This week we practiced listening. We worked on listening to understand what the other person was saying, not just to respond or make our own point heard. None of us did it perfectly, but they would hear and adjust when I gave gentle reminders.
Yesterday was actually pretty calm. We made some changes to how we're doing school and that helped. But I think the biggest difference is that we've been exercising our listening skills. We didn't change our goal at Family Home Evening last night, so we have another week of listening practice ahead of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wonderful! 🙌🏻
Post a Comment