I realize I haven't updated on the state of the new house for a while. Here's how things have been going:
Good news: We've ripped out the moldy walls from the basement and it smells much better on that floor now.
Bad news: We found mold in the master bathroom, plus a subfloor so damaged by water that it easily flaked away when I tried to pull up the linoleum to check for mold.
Bad news: Because we found mold in the master bathroom, no one can sleep in the master bedroom. I still have a cough from sleeping in there for several weeks. The boys kindly agreed to keep bunking in the girls' room so that Bryan and I can sleep in their room.
Good news: I've slept better during this week in the boys' room than I have since moving into the house.
Bad news: I'm still so exhausted that I've taken two naps this week and I'm still completely dragging.
Good news: I've nearly got the playroom in order and Topher loves having the space to play.
I could go on, but I'll leave this post on that good news note.
No comments:
Post a Comment