Monday, October 25, 2021

Virtually There

Yesterday was the annual Primary program for our congregation at church. This is Phoebe's last year in Primary and we were both heartsick at the thought that she would miss participating in the program. The Primary president reached out to me and asked if the girls would like to record their parts in advance to be shown in between the live talks given by the other kids.

A few Saturdays ago the girls wrote their talks, got into their church clothes, then practiced. Because we needed to do both talks in one single video, we had to practice entering and exiting and speaking slowly. It took about twenty takes (not full takes, just lots of starting and stopping), but we finally got one that both girls were happy with.

I got messages from members of the ward about how happy they were to see Phoebe and Sophie up on the big screen. While we still wished we could have been there in person, we were happy that the girls could be part of the program in a small way.


Sophie, Phoebe, and Topher all joined the Primary for the closing song, I Am a Child of God.



1 comment:

Shari said...

The Primary Sacrament Meeting Program is my favorite one of the year. Thanks for sharing your talks Sophie and Phoebe. I'm happy you were able to participate. Wish I could have heard you all sing. I know it was lovely.