Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Going Back In Time

My brother Jordan and his wife Leah have an adorable baby boy named Maverick. I haven't met him in person yet, but every picture I've seen tells me he's sweet and snuggly. Leah asked me if I had any pictures of Jordan from about the same age. This is the picture I found, it's from the day of his baby blessing. Also pictured are our mom and the chubby-cheeked oldest child.


As I've looked at this picture, I've realized a few things about myself.
  • My face has always been full. I understand why women would pinch my baby face in grocery stores.
  • My hair was never meant for bangs. I wish I'd had this picture handy the last time I decided bangs were a good idea. For the record, they were not.
  • I had dark eyelashes once! I wonder where they vanished to.
  • I have never had visible eyebrows. There's more of an idea of eyebrows in this picture than actual brows. And that's still how they are.
  • I've always loved my brother (and all my siblings), see how I'm holding his hand?
  • My girls look like me.
  • Topher looks a little like me too, maybe it's the expression on my face?
We were both pretty cute kids.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

You always loved each sibling that was added to our family. You took your job as oldest sibling very seriously, even at 2-years-old. Thanks for sharing this sweet picture. =0)

Shari said...

This is a cute picture of you and your beautiful mother. Such a sweet picture.