Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Tell It Like It Is

Actual things my children have said to me in the past week:

I had to have my picture taken for something, so I put on makeup. The boys were all weirded out to see me so fancy. The girls thought it was fun. I appreciated the positive reaction, at least until Sophie said, "Wow! You don't look like a tired hobo anymore!"

Topher woke up in the middle of the night earlier this week. I brought him into our room to snuggle and we both fell asleep. He slept in later than usual and woke up after the room was lit with daylight. He sleepily reached over me, patted my upper arm and said, "Mom, your arm is so chubby. It's so big. Do you see how big it is?"

1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

When John Phillips was little he felt my upper arm and said,"Grandma you are growing too much skin".