Tuesday, May 27, 2025

Take Me Out (of) the Ballgame

On Friday night we attended a local baseball game to see Sophie and all the other elementary/intermediate school chorus students sing the national anthem. We did something similar last year and had a wonderful experience. This time we learned the weather makes a big difference when it comes to enjoying a sporting event. Last year it was a warm day that turned into a very pleasant evening. This year it was cold and rainy. We all brought jackets, but it wasn't enough. Topher and I made it through the bottom of the fifth inning. At that point the temperature had dropped down to 51 degrees. He and I went to warm up in the car. The rest of the family joined us during the eighth inning and we headed home.

Sophie's choir sounded great, though.

Topher was intentionally not smiling. I don't know why.


This beautiful sky was deceptive.


This one is more accurate.


Can you find Sophie? She's the tallest singer.


This is us, huddling together for warmth.

No comments: