We celebrated St. Patrick's Day by wearing green, eating good food, and having fun church activities. I spent most of the day in the car shuttling the four younger kids between seminary and school and rehearsals and church. That's what happens when Bryan needs to go to work in person and Peter needs to drive an hour away for Zone Conference. The van became the sole method of transportation.
In between the driving, we had food prep,
a picture to prove that we were both wearing green,
a Leprechaun trap courtesy of Topher
that even had a pot of gold inside,
a delicious and festive dinner that was made even better by the green Jell-o that Topher contributed,
and an exceptionally fun Valiant Activity. According to the leader who planned and carried out the activity, they did "shenanigans." Every child came home with glitter on their face and many sweet treats. This activity saved Topher's St. Patrick's Day fun. Due to a severe wind storm last night, his elementary school was without power and was canceled for today. He had a good day hanging out with me at home, but the only celebrating I did was in the form of a festive dinner. This awesome hour at church made up for not getting to do fun stuff at school.
Cooper walked in while I was writing this post and asked what I was doing. I told him I was writing about St. Patrick's Day and that there weren't any pictures of him since he was showering after track practice when I took the picture of the other kids at dinner. He quickly fixed his hair and posed so that he could be included.









No comments:
Post a Comment