I've taken on a sewing project for Christmas because, hey, with only five weeks until this little girl is due and a myriad of other things I'm responsible for, why not? I won't tell you what the project is until after I've gifted it, but it's important to know that I'm making one for each child.
I've finished two; I was working on three and four last night. So far I've broken not one, but two sewing machine needles. I've replaced it each time. At one point my bobbin freaked out and kept getting tangled, but I've fixed that. Then last night, my machine decided it didn't want to remain threaded. I could sew for about half an inch before it would come undone. This happened repeatedly. I took the end off the machine to see if I could figure out what was going on.
I couldn't.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?
I'm at a loss, and I'd really like to avoid taking my sewing machine into a repair shop if this is something that I can fix myself. And I'm so close to being done with this project!
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wish you lived closer. Trouble shoot to make sure the bobbin is unwinding the right direction (and threaded right)...there should be arrows to show you-either clockwise or counter-clockwise. If that is OK check the tension. Long ago I had that issue and the guy at the repair shop showed me that I was winding it wrong and putting it in backwards. Worked so much better when it was all put together right. Call if that doesn't work..I have some other ideas.
Post a Comment