Friday, August 1, 2014

So Long, Washington

Our time in Washington is over. That year flew by. As we head out on our new adventure, I've been thinking about what I'll miss and what I won't miss.

I won't miss

  • The oppressive rain. I like rain, but the cloud cover here is kind of unreal. I didn't realize how much we all needed the sun until we were without it for sooooooo long.
  • The loud and echo-y downstairs of our house.
  • The skin-tearing jaggedness of our back patio and driveway.
  • The stink bugs.


I will miss

  • The upstairs of our house. The layout is perfect.
  • The libraries. The library system here is huge and wonderful. And they don't charge late fees, which has come in handy a few times. 
  • The mild weather. This sounds like it's in opposition to what I said above about the rain, but it's not. The weather is never hot, it's rarely too cold. Add some sunshine and you'd have Oceanside weather, which is probably why I like it.
  • The smell of the trees and plants. It smells like the west coast, which I still think of as home. 
  • The people. I will miss the people most of all. 
Thanks for the year, Washington.

New Jersey, here we come!

No comments: