Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Witching Hour

What is it about bedtime that brings out the crazy in everyone at my house? That end of dinner, not yet asleep time reboots all of my children and transforms them from regular energetic kids to yelling, screeching, reckless speedsters.

More experienced moms have told me that the kids will just run out of steam. But they don't. They just keep winding up and up and up until the walls of my house feel and sound like they're going to come shaking down to the ground, Jericho-style. Tonight the boys were literally running up the walls. They would take a running leap off the end of the bed, then move their feet as fast as they could, traveling in the direction of the ceiling.

Bedtime is not for the faint of heart.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I know! What is it? It takes us an hour just to do bedtime routine (with lots of running, screaming, and wrastling) and then another 1.5 hours before they fall asleep...with lots of "I need someone in my room" "I need a drink" "I see eyeballs on my ceiling" and the occasional dance party while mom and dad watch from the monitor! Will.it.ever.end?!?