Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Rolling Stones

Our long weekend did not go quite as we had hoped.

Our original plan was to rest, do some deep cleaning and stuff-purging, and maybe watch a few movies as a family.

What actually happened was that we left Topher in the care of his older siblings (and watching more TV in a single day than ever before) while I drove Bryan to the ER for what we estimate was his 8th kidney stone. We've actually lost count of how many kidney stones he's had, which doesn't speak well of his kidneys.

This was the worst bought of kidney stones he's had. 

I checked in on the kids several times using the cameras we have in the main rooms in the house while I sat with Bryan. I came home for a few hours and got Topher and Sophie to bed, then went back to the hospital for about an hour. While I was gone the doctor decided to admit Bryan for the night because he couldn't keep anything down. It turns out the pain medicine they gave him not only didn't do much for the pain, it also caused nausea. And once his bed was ready for him upstairs, I had to leave. It was past visiting hours.

Thankfully, he passed the stone during the early hours of the morning. I did church at home with the kids, then I went back to the hospital while Topher napped and brought Bryan home. I'm so thankful that we could delay the Sacrament until he was back with us so he could partake of it as well. I'm also thankful that Peter was able to bless the Sacrament on his own while Bryan recovered.

I'd like to say that he's feeling better today. He was feeling better yesterday, but today he's starting to have kidney stone pains again. We're both really hoping it's part the healing process and not another kidney stone coming down. After his CT scan on Saturday the ER doctor confirmed what we've been told before: Bryan's kidneys are both still full of stones.

No comments: