Friday, November 24, 2023

Giving Thanks

Our Thanksgiving day was extra special because Bryan's youngest brother Spencer drove all the way from Indianapolis to visit! I was so focused on cooking and visiting with him that I took very few pictures. Even without photographic evidence, it was a wonderful holiday.

Bryan and I spent most of the day cooking. Spencer helped with the sweet potatoes and with entertaining kids in the backyard. The meal was delicious!


Not pictured: six pumpkin pies (I decided to cut back this year and not make as many), one razzleberry pie, one key lime pie, one chocolate pie, and one apple cobbler.


After all the cooking and eating were finished, we played a few rounds of MarioKart. And by we, I mean not me. I was busy dozing on Bryan's shoulder.


This was taken just before I fell asleep.


After MarioKart we gathered back in the kitchen for dessert. I had failed to take a picture during dinner and only remembered to take this one after most people were finished eating their sweets. They were good sports and came back into the kitchen.

I'm thankful for this family of mine, both immediate and extended. And I'm thankful for a holiday focused of gratitude!

No comments: