Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Life of Ease

Someone recently commented that I was lucky I didn't work. Let's see, yesterday I:
  • Read my scriptures
  • Showered
  • Changed, dressed, and fed the boys
  • Prepared Bryan's lunch
  • Finished loading dishwasher and started it
  • Took the boys on a walk
  • Convinced Peter to help me weed the garden
  • Weeded the garden
  • Nearly killed our most productive tomato plant
  • Experienced guilt over near-death of tomato plant
  • Washed mud off gardening tools
  • Washed mud off Peter
  • Transferred laundry to dryer
  • Started folding laundry
  • Put Cooper down for a nap
  • Got Cooper forty minutes later
  • Folded laundry
  • Implored Peter to stop driving his suitcase up Spook Hill, aka laundry
  • Folded laundry
  • Talked soothingly to Cooper while he threw a tantrum
  • Folded laundry
  • Made lunch
  • Served/ate lunch
  • Read scriptures with the boys
  • Emptied dishwasher
  • Loaded dishwasher
  • Cleaned aged food out of the fridge
  • Cleaned kitchen
  • Noticed ants on kitchen floor
  • Moved furniture out of dining room
  • Swept kitchen and dining room floors
  • Applied ice to Cooper's forehead
  • Clipped both boys' toenails
  • Mopped kitchen and dining room floors
  • Let Peter help mop
  • Almost got hit in the face with a mop
  • Moved furniture back
  • Started another load of laundry
  • Warmed up leftovers for dinner
  • Negotiated Peter into eating his dinner
  • Cleaned up dinner
  • Got out hair cutting supplies
  • Tried to set-up DVD on laptop to keep boys occupied so I could cut their hair
  • Almost went crazy because of unresponsive DVD player
  • Finally started a movie
  • Cut Peter's hair
  • Cut Cooper's hair
  • Soothed an hysterical Cooper
  • Bathed and dressed Cooper for bed
  • Tried to convince Peter that he was done watching his movie so he could take a bath
  • Carried a kicking and screaming Peter into the bathroom
  • Continued to wrestle a flailing Peter while getting him into the bathtub
  • Bathed a sobbing and angrily splashing Peter
  • Dressed a suddenly calm Peter
  • Calmed an again hysterical Cooper
  • Called Bryan at work and said family prayers
  • Read bedtime stories
  • Sang bedtime songs
  • Kissed two sleeping boys goodnight
  • Transferred laundry
  • Started another load of laundry
  • Worked on church calling
  • Folded laundry
  • Comforted a crying Peter
  • Comforted a crying Cooper
  • Left the rest of the laundry for today
  • Called it a night
I agree wholeheartedly that I'm lucky to stay at home, but my non-work is exhausting.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

I'm exhausted just reading about it. Phew!

K said...

Don't those comments make you just want to giggle and offer to trade just one day of their work for one day of your non-work and see what they say after that?

Cristin said...

Yeah, not working is really easy. I love that kind of comment too.

My life in a blog said...

I like not working too! Ha ha! Have you read "I am a mother?" I liked it, it was a good reminder that we don't need to be apologetic for doing the most important "non-work" known to man!

Ashley Ann said...

Yeah, not working wore me out, so I got a job and the fatigue has improved immensely!