Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One Step Closer to Living on a Commune

We made homemade yogurt in the crockpot and it was delicious. Bryan blended blackberries in, then we sweetened it with sugar (Bryan) and honey (me and Peter).


And as an added bonus, no one was poisoned.

Hurray for growing bacteria!

4 comments:

Mandi said...

I'm so excited! One of these days we'll get a crockpot here and do some of those recipes I've been looking at and drooling over for forever. I guess I'll have to start with this one since it got such a great review from you! :)

Crystal said...

I admire your provident living. You are an inspiration!

Camille Farias said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I have been DYING to make yogurt forever, but could never justify buying a yogurt maker. I tried the stovetop instructions years ago, but it's too hard to maintain the temperature. This is literally a dream come true for me. Thank you SO much for posting this.

Holly said...

Do you like how it turned out? Would you recommend this recipe?