Cooper's costume fit at the beginning of our Halloween adventures, but by the end of the night it would no longer stay on his shoulders. Also, Cooper's box was so wide compared to the length of his arms that his hands couldn't touch. Peter didn't want to take his costume off.You should have heard the responses these boys got:
"Whoa, mom look, they're Legos!"
"That's cool!"
"Hello, Lego brick."
"I love to build with you guys."
"Do they stick together?"
Most of the comments came from boys under the age of ten and men over the age of thirty. Some kids just starred with big round eyes as Peter and Cooper walked past. Overall, an excellent response and well worth my zombie-like state that day from having stayed-up until two in the morning the night before.
We counted Friday as Halloween at our house. Bryan was told that no one trick-or-treated in our neighborhood. This was confirmed when zero kids knocked on our door asking for candy on Saturday night. Weird. Luckily, Bryan's work hosted trick-or-treaters on Friday, our ward had a trunk-or-treat activity later that evening, and we went to a friend's Halloween party that night. By the time we got home at almost ten at night, we were a tired (and cranky) bunch.
Bryan and I went in costume to the party, but you're not going to get a picture of it. You see, we thought it would be perfect to dress-up as minifigs to go along with the boy's blocks. Basically this meant painting our faces (and necks, and ears) yellow. The yellow paint actually looked kind of cool. Bryan and I also had Lego logos to tape to our chests. I googled minifigs to see if there was anything else we should do to complete the costume. This is what I found:
Photo from hereSo, according to the picture, we needed a black smile and black circles for our eyes. Okay, we could do that. I even pulled out my fancy Ben Nye stage make-up to really get a dark black on top of the yellow. We finished applying our costume, looked in the mirror, and realized that we looked horribly creepy. Like, rejected for the part of the Joker in Batman creepy. With the yellow base and the freakish black mouth and eyes I felt like a really cheerful goth. I asked Bryan if he thought we should wash it off before going to the party. He said no.
And so we went. And my friend who was hosting the party didn't know who I was when we walked in. We kept the make-up on for a solid twenty minutes before it started itching so much that we couldn't stand it. Bryan scrubbed his off with paper towels and water while I opted for the baby wipe method. I also had to shower when I got home to get the paint out of my hairline and ears. When I put lotion on afterward, my face burned for at least a minute.
Anyway, the picture of us at the beginning of this post was after we took off the yellow and black, which is probably why Bryan and I both look so happy. And slightly jaundiced.
7 comments:
Great costumes!
Great idea. I like the attention to detail, like the Lego logos.
Those are great! I'm sad I don't get to see a picture of you guys with all the makeup on though.
LOVE IT! Yay for cheap, awesome costumes.
Awesome costumes! What a fun idea!!
The boys look good in their costumes! Cooper looks less than thrilled though. :p
Those costumes are amazing, especially considering the process you went through to get from "goat" to "lego". Dug is equally impressed, and is convinced that next year Noah will be a Lego for Halloween. Look what you started! :)
Post a Comment