Friday, October 30, 2009

How Frugality Leads to Exhaustion

Thanks for using your craft knowledge for good and giving suggestions about the goat ears. I'd love to post a picture of how cute the boys look in their goat costumes standing next to us in our farmer costumes. (I asked Peter what kind of farm animal he wanted to be and he said a goat, because then he could be a kid dressed as a kid. Yeah, my three-year-old is punny. I love it.)

But there is no picture.

Because there are no goat costumes.

You see, I got home from Wal-Mart yesterday having spent $30 on costume supplies and still missing pieces. Bryan and I agreed that that was too much to spend on things we would only be wearing once. And so we brainstormed: What else could we be for Halloween?

Bryan and I were up until 2am executing the costume idea that he came up with. So time-wise, the goat costumes would have been better. But money-wise, the plan that we went with only cost $15, and that was mostly on long-sleeved shirts that would match our costumes, so they're items that we can use again and again.

I'm not going to tell you what our costumes are, but I will tell you that we needed empty diaper boxes, wrapping paper, empty yogurt containers, and face paint to work our construction magic. (And by our, I mostly mean Bryan.)

Photographic evidence of our awesomeness coming on Monday...

3 comments:

Esther said...

Wow, that pun Peter made up is a good one! So impressive! I'll be excited to see pictures on Monday :)

K said...

Can't wait to see!

And... Peter's a little smarty pants, huh? :)

Keith said...

I completely understand how expensive making your own costume can turn out...we were consoled this year that despite the money we put into Keith's costume, he won a great prize at work that out-weighed the cost...this time.