One of the other moms (who was standing in the back of the Primary room ready to help her own Sunbeam deliver his assigned scripture) complimented me on Peter's talk. She was impressed with how well he spoke into the mic and how he didn't seem the least bit shy. Wow, he's come a long way.In The Family A Proclamation to the World it says “Successful…families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities.”
I am learning how to work at home. I help my mom and dad by cleaning up my toys, taking my dishes to the sink when I’m done eating, and helping to put away the laundry after it’s folded. I also like to help my mom cook. We make pancakes, cookies, and muffins. We like to work together and I like to eat what we make.
I am thankful that I can learn to work with my family. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
We practiced enough on Sunday morning that he knew the beginning. While I was typing up the final draft he pulled out his computer and wrote up his own version of the opening sentence.
In case you can't see it clearly, it says, "A FEMLE A POCLOMEACII TOO DU WRLD" or "A Family a Proclamation to the World." I think he did a pretty decent job sounding it out. If I had felt otherwise, we probably wouldn't have taken a picture.
The Primary Sacrament Meeting Program is in two weeks, and things are looking positive that he'll say his one-liner part!
4 comments:
Good job Peter! I am impressed with his ability to sound out the words. He has a good sound/symbol connection.
Congratulate Peter for both Allison and me. It's a big step when you get over your stage fright.
Wow, the kid is SMART. Good job on his talk (so glad he's already doing so well with the standing-up-in-front-of-people thing!) and good job on sounding out the letters -- seriously, SMART.
Peter you are amazing! I love you.
Post a Comment