
I've already told Bryan that I want this for Christmas. It calls out to my theatre teacher side (there's a picture of the man who invented the proscenium arch!), my English teacher side (there are quotes from Shakespeare's plays and sonnets throughout the book, tucked into corners), and my big-ol' nerd side (it is about my good friend Will after all).
We also found this on our last library trip.

The pictures are stunning and the subject matter is moving. I do wonder sometimes if I'm introducing too many controversial topics with the picture books I choose, but the historical aspect of this book was too much to say no to.
Both books are a tad on the long side for young audiences, but if you read the books while your listeners are eating (and possibly strapped into a highchair), the chances of getting through them goes up dramatically. At least that's how it is at our house.
2 comments:
Granny and I visited Shakespeare,s home in England in 1977.
He wasn't home.
Post a Comment