I have some big news. Are you ready? Maybe you should sit down first. I'll wait.
Are you sitting?
A bought a shirt on Friday.
A pink shirt.
This pink shirt, in fact.

Aren't you glad you sat down?
I decided to take my brother Jordan's advice and not let a color control me.
I wore it to church on Sunday, feeling wildly conspicuous. And no one noticed. Maybe that's because I attended a different Ward in my Stake (for my calling), so I wasn't around all the people that know my feelings about the color pink. Or maybe it's because it wasn't that big of a deal to begin with.
I have to admit though, it took real guts for me to buy the shirt, and even more to actually wear it. After so much talk about my distaste for pink I couldn't decide if I was being brave or a traitor.
I'm going with brave.
5 comments:
I have decided that hot pink is my new favorite color. I now have 3 hot pink shirts. My favorite pair of tennis shoes has a hot pink stripe, and my MP3 player is hot pink. I think it is a fun upbeat color. I think of you as a fun upbeat person. So I think you and hot pink should go nicely together.
I think you are NOW in control and out of the dull dumb dumb! Huray for color.
I also had a strong distaste for pink, then I had a baby girl. I specifically asked for no pink, and as a result, I got just enough. I have found that it compliments her wardrobe rather than dominates, and I no longer hate it. I have even purchased a pink shirt to compliment mine :)
Woohoo! Way to branch out :)
I just bought pink heels. I'm super excited about them. I used to hate pink but I'm coming around in a big way.
Kayla
Freckles in April | a modest fashion and lifestyle blog
hahahaha
your so funny
*wipes a tear
Post a Comment