Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Not Easy Being Green-Oh Wait, Maybe It Is...

We had French Toast for dinner tonight. It was delicious. However, I felt like our meal was lacking in something important: nutrition. So, I took a cue from a handful of friends and pulled the spinach out of the fridge. We enjoyed our first green smoothies tonight. Technically, they were a deep purple because of the berries I added, but the concept of a green smoothie still holds.

I just threw a bunch of stuff in the blender, so here's my Not Really a Recipe recipe.

Green Smoothies-First Attempt
  • 1 cup orange juice
  • 3 cups spinach
  • 3/4 to 1 cup blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
  • rice milk (no idea how much I put in)
  • 1 can of pears
  • ice
Blend. Drink.

Here's the photographic evidence of how much we enjoyed it.



No, Phoebe didn't have any of the smoothie, but she did have prunes for the first time today, and she's really cute, so I thought that deserved a picture.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Yay for green smoothies! I love them and they are a life saver for me, but then again I am kinda a weird case. Not too many 30 year old people can say they've experienced what I have so I guess that justifies my green smoothie addiction. We do one or 2 blenders full a day! Happy drinking! (oh and as a warning... if you drink them daily you will start to crave them and miss them when you don't drink one.)

Charlynn said...

Like! Thanks for sharing.