Friday, September 23, 2011

Number One

We have a one-year-old at our house.

The birthday girl, slightly groggy after her birthday nap.

I wanted to decorate for the big day but didn't have any "girl" decorations. I reached into my limited knowledge of crafts and made some tissue-paper pom-poms. She seemed to know that the large pink orb hanging above the table was for her.


We had a fancy birthday breakfast of purple pancakes. The boys sang Happy Birthday to her multiple times during the meal. She loved it.

Her birthday fell on a particularly busy day, so we celebrated away from home.


We packed a picnic, grabbed her birthday presents, and drove down to have dinner with Bryan on campus. For her gifts I opened my box of twelve-month sized clothes and pulled out everything that still had a tag. She likes clothes. We also bagged up all of the Fisher-Price Little People animals we had in the boys' room and gave them to her.

A few months ago Cooper and I were shopping when he saw a little cloth doll. He said he wanted to get it for Phoebe. Since it was only a few dollars I bought it and tucked it away for her birthday. It's her new favorite thing.

At one, Phoebe loves her dolls, her brothers, giving hugs and kisses, books, walking, coloring, bananas, black beans, and pizza. (Yes, pizza.) She hates having her diaper changed, being held when she might be exploring, being told no, and her bed. She's my earliest talker, earliest walker, and latest teether. She is both sweetly affectionate and fiercely strong-willed. She laughs easily and often.


We love her.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Aww! Happy birthday Phoebe!!

Crystal said...

Beautiful Baby Girl!