Bryan's first week went well. He commented to Peter that I was physically tired (from chasing children thirteen hours everyday), but that he was mentally tired.
Since the rough first day, Peter's school experience has improved. He's talked more about what has happened during his three hours away from us and giddily announced that he had homework when I picked him up yesterday. He has gotten in trouble at least once each day, which isn't great. Most of the disciplining has come about because he won't stop talking. Yeah, we have that problem at home too.
On a happier note, he brought home a list of skills that he was supposed to master during the month of September. I tested him on all of them this morning, signed the card, and sent it back to school. I wonder if we could get the skill set for October a little early.
Cooper loves Joy School. I've heard him reciting the rules and playing games he learned this week. He likes to tell us that he goes to school just like Peter.
There are four kids, three three-year-old boys and one four-year-old girl. I taught for the first time on Thursday. It's funny, I was majorly stressed during the whole morning leading up to teaching (mostly because I wanted the house to be spotless so I was cleaning like a mad-woman), but when the kids got here I was much calmer. I love to teach and it's nice to have the opportunity to stretch those muscles every other Thursday afternoon.
We've walked Peter to and from school (except for Wednesday afternoon) everyday. I have the sunburn to prove it. My goal was to walk some of the orneriness out of Peter before school; I'm not sure how well it's working. I'm going to keep walking as long as the weather will allow.
On to week two!
2 comments:
I love the school up dates. Please keep them comming. I had to look twice to see Phoebe's phony tail in your last blog. A girl that pretty doesn't need a fancy hair do.
My kindergartner is struggling with talking during class too! Sigh.
Post a Comment