Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Best

I had a lot to do tonight. I've had a lot to do ever since we started this adventure called school. Bryan spends most of his time studying and I've picked up the slack at home. My list of things to accomplish called to me as I got the kids into their pajamas.

The list had competition.

I've been marveling the last few days at how big Phoebe has gotten. She's toddling all over the place, taking several brave, wobbly steps at a time. She prefers to feed herself and is quite good at yelling at me when her pile of black beans and Cheerios needs replenishing.

Tonight she fell asleep while she nursed and instead of hopping up as soon as she was done, I sat. I held her. I felt her warm small-yet-not-so-small body breathe in and out. I tried to memorize the way it felt to hold her.

I did not finish my list.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I love those quiet moments!! It's renewing for all the crazy busy times as we chase them around!
--Lisa