Monday, December 9, 2013

Bundled Up

The kids have been mourning the fact that it's snowing in Utah and not here. They all miss the frozen white stuff. On Friday morning they got their wish. We woke up to a Winter wonderland. At least, we woke up to snow. There was just enough everywhere to make driving slick, but not much more than that. And we learned that they don't plow the roads here. I'm glad that I have so much driving-in-snow experience, otherwise I might have called an unofficial snow day for the boys.

School was not canceled, however. And though the snow wasn't deep, it sure was cold. I guess I felt the difference between arid cold and humid cold. The boys wore their snow boots and heavy coats to school. At pickup time I saw one of the older classes out playing in the snow. Several of the kids were in sweatshirts and shorts. I got cold just looking at them. When the boys got home in the afternoon I sat in my house, wrapped in a blanket, and watched the kids play in the snow in the backyard.

Now I truly appreciate the beauty of the fully-fenced backyard.




No comments: