Did you know that fog can freeze? And that when it does it leaves an even sheet of ice on everything?
We had our first school cancellation due to inclement weather yesterday. I thought it would come from snow, but no, it came from freezing fog. Bryan went into work a few hours late to give the roads a chance to thaw, and even then he said there were a few hills that he almost wan't able to climb.
I had originally planned yesterday as a major grocery shopping trip, one where I would restock our pantry so it would be all ready for a new baby and a mom that probably won't be cooking much for a while. When school was cancelled, I changed my plans. Cooper was kind of sad and assured me that they would be really good if I took them all to the store. I didn't exactly laugh and say, "Yeah, right" though my response may have been along those lines. Mostly I didn't want to drive on the ice skating rink the roads had become, but I also didn't want to wrangle all three kids and my giant belly through the grocery store.
Instead we spent most of the day in pajamas (or comfy pants) and played Old Maid, read books, and watched movies. I did insist that some cleaning and homework take place, but we mostly relaxed. And while it would have been nice to fill up the pantry shelves, I really liked not having to fight with anyone to get dressed or eat breakfast or wear a coat.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow... never knew fog froze. Was it cold too?
Post a Comment