Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Force

Cooper was very patient about getting his visit from the Tooth Fairy. By the time said fairy came, two boys needed visits.

We didn't realize that Peter even had a loose tooth, and come to think of it, he might not have. See, on the night of his birthday (which I'll write about tomorrow) he was full of energy and bouncing around instead of getting ready for bed. He was bouncing so much that he bounced his knee up to meet his face. The result was a yell of pain. I came to investigate and found one of Peter's teeth just barely hanging on. A moment later, it was out in his palm. That's right, he knocked his own tooth out. Not exactly a happy birthday moment.

The first question was if it was a baby tooth or not. You'd think we would have known from looking at it, but we didn't. I thought it probably was since there was no root, but I wasn't sure. Thankfully our home teacher is a pediatric dentist and lives a few minutes away from us. We called to get his expert opinion and he came right over. It was indeed a baby tooth.

That night Peter wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy and asked for a new toothbrush. He's never been one to want money. We told him the Tooth Fairy had Christmas break off. Well, he (because the boys are in agreement that their Tooth Fairy is a boy) finally delivered.

On Sunday morning the boys woke up to these notes under their pillows.



They also found the red and green toothbrushes pictured below.


Their Tooth Fairy has skills. And when they asked if I had made the notes, I could honestly answer no.

1 comment:

Marc R. said...

Our children's tooth fairy was always male.