Friday, October 3, 2014

Das Boot

I went to the doctor this week hoping he would tell me my foot was healed and that I could have my driving privileges reinstated. He poked and twisted my foot; I winced, but it was in discomfort, not pain. Then he had me stand on the ball of my foot.

Well, he tried to have me stand on the ball of my foot.

I couldn't do it, not at all. It felt like someone had stabbed the bottom of my foot. Aside from the pain, my foot simply wouldn't respond. He told me that I have a Lisfranc Injury, It's common with soccer players and people stepping off curbs. And it's going to require at least two more weeks in the boot. That means two more weeks of not driving and two more weeks of staying off my foot as much as possible.

I will do my best to distract myself from my cyborg foot and lack of motor freedom by watching all five sessions of General Conference this weekend. This is one of my favorite weekends of the year. The kids are excited too. Granted, they're looking forward to our traditional waffles more than the talks we'll hear, but at least they're happy about two consecutive days of church.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Ouch!! Hang in there!! Xoxo!