Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sometimes I Forget Stuff

Sometimes I get an idea for a blog post, I write it up, read through it several times, then publish it. It's often at this point that I realize I forgot to include the reason I wanted to write the post in the first place. Ahem.

Such was the case yesterday. I pulled up my blog on my phone partway through the day to see if anyone had commented (because I do that several times a day, in case you were curious) and I discovered I had failed to include the most important part of Peter's jump off.

Peter does not always play by the rules. He is notorious for staying in during a dodge ball game, despite the fact that he's been tagged out, usually more than once. He just keeps throwing those balls and yelling, "It didn't touch me! I'm not out!" This does not earn him friends.

When he was jumping last week, the few times Peter tripped, he sat down right away. He didn't keep jumping in the hopes that no one saw, he followed the rules of the game! Afterward I told him I was most impressed with that. More than how long he jumped or how well, it was his budding integrity that won me over,

No comments: