Friday, June 19, 2015

Better Than a Prince

Bryan spent the last week house hunting for us in Chicago. He experienced the intense Chicago traffic, drove all day in a torrential downpour, and scouted several homes. Applications are in on a few, but we have no real answer yet to where we'll be living next year.

His flight got in after midnight this morning and he finally arrived home near 3AM. A few short hours later, he got up and went to work. Then in the afternoon, instead of napping, he came home and helped us get the house ready for potential renters to see it. I had spent the last two days unsuccessfully imploring the kids to help me clean. He used his dad magic and suddenly five out of six people in our family were cleaning.

I could tell he was struggling to stay awake, but he kept going. He finally crashed at bedtime, right after family scriptures and prayer.

I am so thankful that Bryan is not afraid to work hard. I'm thankful that he is anxiously engaged in providing for our family. I'm thankful that we are a team; we work together and take turns leading. And even when he's taking the reins, he always seeks my counsel. I'm thankful that he holds and uses the Priesthood righteously.

Last week I told Phoebe about a royal wedding that had just taken place in Sweden. At first she was thrilled to see a picture of a real princess, but she quickly became concerned. What if there weren't any princes left when it was time for her to get married? I smiled and said, "Not all princes are actual royalty." Confused, she questioned what I meant. "Well, Daddy's not a real prince."

I didn't have to finish explaining. She grinned with understanding.

Happy Father's Day Bryan. I think you're better than a prince.


No comments: