Yesterday during Primary we had a birthday celebration. I wore a birthday crown and we learned/reviewed almost all of the birthday songs in the Children's Songbook. There were even balloons.
A few weeks ago when Bryan had his birthday he told me that turning 36 felt different. Somehow it was much older than 35 had been. And now I'm 35, looking forward to that different feeling that 36 will bring next year.
It's ridiculous to say that I feel old, because I don't, not really. But I do feel older. I've noticed several moments in the past few months when I actually feel like a grownup. For the seventeen years since I entered adulthood I've felt like I was faking. Yes I was paying bills and working and raising kids, but I often wondered when I would stop feeling like a little girl playing house.
I don't feel like I'm pretending so much anymore.
Happy birthday to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to You!
=0)
Post a Comment