Bryan and I went to the Manhattan Temple on Saturday. It had been too long since we had been to the Temple together. We had both been separately, but since a babysitter is required to get us there at the same time, we can't go as often as we would like.
Our good friends who live in the city watched the kids for us. And by watched the kids, I mean endured happy yelling and jumping while engaging them in creative and imaginative activities. The Manhattan Temple is in the same building as the meeting house, just on different floors. That means that our kids played in the nursery on the third floor while we were upstairs in the Temple. We returned to them minutes after finishing rather than the one to two hours it would have taken if they were at home with a sitter.
One thing that stood out to me was the beauty of the Temple. All Temples are beautiful and while I admired the loveliness of Manhattan I was impressed that I should tell Phoebe how beautiful they are. I know all the kids could appreciate that information, but Phoebe connects the most with beautiful things. During our move to Chicago, I'm hoping that we can stop at the Open House for the Indianapolis Temple. Peter and Cooper have been to Temple Open Houses, but the girls haven't. I want my children to have a love for the Temple and to go as soon as they're old enough.
Thank you Janet and Stephen for making our time in the Temple possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment