We had a Valentine's weekend full of good deeds. I spent a big chunk of Saturday helping at the funeral I mentioned on Friday. While I did that, Bryan encouraged the kids to give me exactly what I wanted for the holiday: a clean house. Bryan and Cooper folded the clothes from the gargantuan pile of laundry that had taken up residence in our room.
Phoebe and Peter cleaned their rooms. Bryan sent me this picture of Phoebe's room. Peter's room took a little longer, so I didn't get an after picture of that one.
I think Sophie's contribution was being happy and sweet, which is a lovely service all its own.
Because the laundry was done and folded and the rooms were clean, I was able to set out everyone's clothes for church the night before. That was important since we have early church and I needed to be there early to practice with the trio I was part of for Sacrament meeting. That led to my second, much sought-after gift: we were on-time to church!
After church, Bryan and I got what might be the loveliest present of all: an uninterrupted nap. Of course that meant that Sophie slept late as well since neither Bryan nor I woke her up at her usual time, and then she didn't go to sleep at her usual hour later that evening, but the nap was worth a slightly later bedtime. This nap was made possible by the big kids not chasing or yelling or throwing or jumping or doing any of their other, often loud, activities.
My favorite public displays of affection are acts of service.
How did you spend your day of love?


No comments:
Post a Comment